You’re running your software company, but you’re at a point where the constant churn of new customers from your trial is wearing you thin. The party of figuring out the missing link is no longer fun, and you just want to take a long nap instead of dealing with it.
Bottom line - you need a way to onboard your new customers into a trial, convert them to paid customers, and retain those customers over time. Adding more features to your product just isn't going to get you there. Staring at the problem longer won't either (believe me, I've tried that one).
You need to focus on the parts of the business you're best at:
- Improving the app
- Leading your customer success team
- Keeping those books balanced
- Finding new customers and selling them this incredible thing you built
Most of all, you want to know that you're doing all of this for actual paying customers. Customers who don't take one peek at the product, get overwhelmed, and run. Customers who are invested in your product and your team from Day 1. Customers who stay customers for life.
Look, running a software company is hard. Building an app people want is hard. And keeping people around and using that app over time? Well, it's all made a hell of a lot easier with the right email marketing in place.
You are a smart, technical, gifted founder (dammit!). Your absolute best work is done building your app, running your team, and selling the crap out of that amazing product you built. You're probably also pretty good at putting out fires at this point.
You simply don't have time to dive deep into your onboarding process to see what's working and what's not.
And that's where I come in.
During a conversion and churn audit, I’ll take a look at what you have in place already and give you a working game plan for improvements. I'll even tell you what you already have going for you – there's no sense in starting completely from scratch if you don't have to!
Here's how it works:
- You give me access to your ESP with a list of the emails that comprise the onboarding sequence (max 15 emails in 1 audit).
- While you do that, I'll be familiarizing myself with your ideal customers. I'll do a Sales Safari to find out what's most important to your customers, what will resonate with them, and what you can let go of for now. This part will take 10 days, max.
- Once we've each done our homework, I'll get to work on those emails. I'll make my notes in an Airtable document and record a walkthru video for you. I'll tell you what works for your ideal customers and what doesn't, and any changes I'd recommend you make.
- Five days after I start, you'll get an email from me with the link to the Airtable and your video. I'll ask that you review it and schedule our followup call for the following week.
- We'll have a 45-minute follow up call to go over your questions, add any final parting thoughts, and see what else we can work on together.
Who am I to tell you all of this about your onboarding and customer retention?
I've spent the last six years deep in the world of customer experience and research. I built the content and email marketing for a fast-growing startup, wrote around the Internet about what makes for good email, and I am an introvert who loves figuring out how people think. Like, I really love it.
I also spent over a decade behind the scenes of everything from non-profits to multi-six-figure businesses, and I have the innate ability to think big picture and minute details at the exact same time. While this drives my husband a bit crazy, it works out really well for growing software companies.